StorONE S1: Backup
protect your data from ransomware attacks with better backup
The performance of the backup disk target matter more than ever. Applications like Veeam, Commvault, Veritas, and EMC support instant recovery, which means the recovered application has direct access to the data it needs on the backup storage device. These backup applications expect the backup storage to perform like production storage! S1:Backup delivers production class performance.
S1:Backup At A Glance
- All Backup Data is Immutable
- 30 Second Rollback
Flash Optimized Backup
- Flash reduces RPO
- True Incremental Forever
- Instant Recovery —> Instant Production
- Bit-Error Rot Protection
- Three Hour HDD RAID Rebuilds
- 90% Capacity Utilization
- No Data Migration
Land and EXPAND
- Expand Capacity – More HDD
- Expand Performance – More Flash
- Expand Use Cases – Account Control
S1:Backup enables you to offer a differentiated solution that delivers:
- Ransomware Resiliency - Immutable Protection of Backup Data
- Instant-Production - Commoditizes high availability across all workloads
- Lower RPO/RTO/TCO - optimized use of flash and high-density HDDs
- Built to Last Backup Storage - Over a decade of use without data migration
Flexible Ransomware Resilient Backup Solution
Most systems force you to use S3 object storage for immutability. S1:Backup delivers immutability across all its protocols, including NFS, SMB, S3, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and NVMe-oF. It captures every backup job into an immutable state, and backup administrators can retain an immutable copy indefinitely without impacting the performance of backup or recovery. If the malware attacks backup storage directly, the administrator can roll back to an immutable copy taken 30 seconds before the attack.
Flash First Backup Storage
Modern backup software provides block-level incremental (change block tracking) backups enabling you to reduce your exposure to a ransomware attack or other failure by executing more frequent backups. However, the high frequency of backup jobs necessary to limit the damage puts far too much strain on the over two-decades-old storage technology, and All-Flash is too expensive for the backup storage use case.
S1:Backup auto-tiers between a generous flash tier and up to a 15+PB hard-disk tier to deliver:
- Backup storage that can sustain continuous Block-Level Incremental backups for low recovery point objectives (RPO)
- Rapid Consolidations of incremental jobs – never do a full backup again
- Take Instant Recovery to the next level with production-class performance and availability
Proper High-Density Hard Disk Drive Support
Modern backup software’s databases support decade-plus retention requirements, but modern legacy backup storage targets can’t scale to meet this requirement.
S1:Backup delivers built to last backup storage supporting the highest-density hard disk drives (HDD) without compromising availability. It can scale to 15+PBs in a single cluster for long-term data retention while delivering high-performance backup and recovery.
S1:Backup provides TRUE support of high-density HDD:
- Fastest RAID rebuilds, recover from 18TB drive failure in two to three hours
- Unique bit-error-rot protection, critical for long-term retention
- Ultimate flexibility, mix new drive densities without creating new volumes or reconfiguring backup jobs
Elevates Instant-Recovery to Instant-Production
Modern backup-server software’s instant or live recovery features provide a dramatic reduction in recovery times. The problem is that the overhead of legacy backup-storage software makes the performance of that instantly recovered VM or application unusable and risky. S1:Backup is the first backup storage solution that can be standby-production storage. IT can now take the time required to investigate the ransomware attack, software bug, or hardware failure that instigated recovery without impacting users or applications.
S1:Backup is the first backup storage solution to deliver a production-class experience:
- Highly Available backup cluster
- Supports FC, iSCSI, NVMe-oF, NFS, SMB and S3 protocols
- Enterprise-class performance and features
- At backup storage prices!
S1:Backup – Modern Backup Storage for Modern Backup Software
S1:Backup is the first backup storage solution designed to complement modern backup storage software, delivering complete ransomware protection and recovery while extending the value of the backup storage investment. Just as important, it dramatically lowers the upfront and long-term costs of storage.